We offer training for beginners regarding the Python and PHP programming languages, installation and configuration of Python or Linux with the same parameters as the Python training which is mentioned below.
Apart from that, we offer training for intermediate programmers or about more specific topics, like the web framework Django. The parameters for these courses are the same, except for pricing.
For questions about one of our training courses, please contact us (see the bottom of this page).
While many trainers teach as their main activity, we use the Pyhon language on a daily basis to do the same thing as our students; to get things done. We do not regard the people we train merely as students, but as fellow-programmers. Just like us. This means that we won't bore you with dry theory, but instead will show you how to get started as soon as possible.
About the Python language
Python is a well known language, climbing in popularity. It is used by large commercial companies (like Google) and in the academic and scientific areas (like NASA). It powers popular applications like YouTube. Statistically, Python is in the process of catching up with the popularity of C#, PHP and Visual Basic (see Tiobe indices). Python is available for all platforms (Windows, Mac OS X, (embedded) Linux, BSD, etc.), is free and not owned by any commercial company, but is developed by the open-source community.
Because of the importance of best practices in the Python language and community, you will learn valuable lessons that can be applied to every area of programming like writing clean, readable and documented code. Attention can be fully focused on principles or programming, without diverting attention to unnecessary details like memory management and compilers. While doing that, you can steadily grow in all kinds of topics, like console applications, reading and writing files, graphics applications, databases and web development.
Some highlights of the Python language:
- The language is designed with (programming) fun in mind.
- Rich open source and cross-platform language, stable and mature, including OOP and built-in documentation mechanisms, with readable and straightforward syntax.
- Extensive standard library, many additional libraries.
- Active and helpful community.
- Start in a simple way (hello world) and later do more complex things (like making compilers with the help of LEX/YACC or writing your own file system).
- Good integration with - depending of Python implementation - C and C++, Java or .NET.
Practical beginners training Python
- Content of training: Practical beginners training Python programming language.
- Duration: 3 days * 6 hours of 60 minutes = 18 hours. Apart from that, we have reserved 2 hours each day, for answering questions about the curriculum of the day and assisting the students during experiments. The purpose of these two extra hours daily is more understanding and enjoyment while working through the matter.
- Location: Your site. If required otherwise, please contact us.
- Price per person: 1-5 participant € 1.250, 5-10 participant € 995, both excl. VAT and costs for the location. For practical reasons, we do not form groups larger than 10 participants. We want to keep enough space for personal questions and coaching so that participants can look back afterwards with satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the English language to read technical documentation.
- Some knowledge about programming. If you don't know yet what a variable, function or class is, then please contact us to plan an extra block of time to gain that basic knowledge.
- All participants need their own workstation, on which they will install Python and related software.
- The location of the training needs to have an operational wired or WiFi network with internet access.
In case you need more information or would like to order a training, please contact us.
We will be happy to answer your questions.